Cinnamon Tortilla Surprise
Express sweets made with tortillas! Invented when a friend passed unexpectedly just as my mid-afternoon craving for sugar hit me. I didn’t even bother to melt the butter, I just smeared it like a butter spread on a toast, dusted with sugar and cinnamon, then baked them for just 5 minutes. Mmm!
These are well stored for a couple of days in an airtight container. The nutritional information below shows that each piece only contains 9 calories … however this is somewhat misleading since you will not be able to stop at one.
Sweet treats in an instant!
- 3 tortillas
- 2 tbsp butter , spreadable
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
- Spread butter onto each tortilla, like you are buttering toast. Alternatively, melt the butter and brush onto tortillas.
- Sprinkle generously with cinnamon sugar.
- Stack the tortillas, then cut into strips, or triangles.
- Spread in a single layer on a baking tray (3 tortillas should almost perfectly fit).
- Bake for 5 to 8 minutes until golden and crisp.
- Eat warm or at room temperature.
- Stores for 2 to 3 days in an airtight container.
I cut these but cutting each tortilla into 6 strips (lengthwise), then the outer strips into 2 and all other strips into 3, this makes 16 pieces per tortilla.
- Nutrition per piece.